Epson is the largest producers of information and imaging related equipment and computer printers. The company manufactures Inkjet, Dot Matrix and Laser printers, scanners, desktop computers, laptops, business, multimedia and home theater projectors.
Epson provides state-of-the-art technology to both individuals and business owners depending on the requirement. Apart from its wide array of products, the company also ensures that all the products function to their maximum potential by using only the best hardware and software. One of the services offered by Epson includes the highly trained taskforce at the Epson printer support.
Those who are using an Epson printer for the first time can get confused as how to maintain the proper functioning of the printer. There is no need to worry as the experts at Epson printer tech support offer simple to follow guidelines on how to keep the printer up and running.
Don’t do this while cleaning Epson printer
Prior to providing the guidelines on how to clean your Epson printer, our experts have come up on what not to do when cleaning your Epson printer.
- Do not use alcohol or thinner to clean the printer as the chemicals can cause permanent damage to both the printer and its components
- Be careful not to use water on the printer or the electronic components
- Never use a hard or abrasive brush
- Never spray the insides of the printer with lubricants or any unsuitable oil. In case of any confusion contact the experts at Epson printer support.
Guideline for cleaning the printer
In order to clean your Epson printer, follow the steps mentioned below;
- Make sure the printer and all its lights are turned off. Ensure this by first unplugging the power cord and then disconnecting the printer from the computer system.
- Wait for a few minutes, then open the top cover and use a soft and clean cloth to remove any dust or dirt from inside the printer.
- In case of any large amount of dust or ink spilled on a paper, use a soft cloth with mild detergent. Afterwards, clean the printer with a dry and soft cloth.
- If the back side of the printout is filled with ink, clean the gray area with a soft cloth.
- If the dust is powdered in the platen, use a toothpick or similar size object.
- Close the top cover of the printer
- In case of the outer case being dirty, use a soft cloth with mild detergent.
Note: Always keep the ink compartment closed to prevent any liquid from spilling inside the printer.
However, in case you are confused about how to clean your Epson printer; contact our experts at Epson Printer Tech Support Number 1-888-479-2017